Sunday, February 12, 2012

Light-painted vase





This one photo took about 28 shots to get right, or at least close to how I wanted it to turn out. I saw an article about Lightpainting on the Nikon USA website and I decided to give it a try. You start with a dark room, a flashlight, some object you want to shoot, and a long shutter time. This one was about 15 seconds, f8, ISO400, and a 40mm Nikkor lens.

I started by setting everything up. I positioned everything where I wanted and then got the focus locked in and set to manual. Turned out the lights and clicked the shutter. While the shutter was open I used the flashlight to light up exactly where I wanted to. The first 27 shots were less than perfect. This one was right on. I cropped it just a bit and darkened the shadows although only slightly - nothing significant.

I'm going to have to play around with this technique a bit more and have some fun.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

About this Blog

The golden curve or golden ratio is based on the Fibonacci sequence of numbers that creates a mathematical formula for how we often view beauty. What is represented on this blog is not always 1.618, but is a pursuit of the intersection of mathematical logic and natural perception.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP